Privacy – in a nutshell
Below, you will find a short, easy-to-understand summary of the way we collect and process your data.
You can find extensive explanations in our separate Data Protection Policy.What sort of data we collect:
Your computer's domain name or IP address, the client's file request (file name and URL), the HTTP response code and the web page from which you are visiting us.
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we store the time and date, the subscription itself and the e-mail address you provide us with for this purpose. We also collect the time and date you open the newsletter and which links you click.
At different points, our web presence contains specific data collection forms, which can consist of mandatory fields as well as optional fields with different content.How we collect your data:
We collect data generated by you visiting our website in an automated way, where appropriate by means of cookies. The same is true for data generated by you using our newsletter.
Otherwise, we only collect data that you yourself enter into the various forms on our website. Wherever this is the case, you will find a link to the relevant privacy notice right next to the form.What we use your data for:
Technical administration and provision of the website.
Distributing and improving the monthly newsletter.
For individual data collection forms, the specific purpose is described in the respective privacy notice.Furthermore, we use your data
- exclusively in accordance with relevant laws and regulations,
- for purposes of fraud detection and troubleshooting,
- in order to be able to provide legally required information to government authorities.
How long we store your data primarily depends on what we use it for. This means that we store your data exactly as long as necessary in order to fulfill the purpose for which we collected the data in the first place. In some cases, however, statutory retention periods demand the data to be stored longer or shorter than that. In these cases, we store the data for as long as the respective law demands. Should data be deleted according to a different schedule due to special contexts (like Google Analytics), this different schedule is noted in the extended Data Protection Policy.Your rights:
- Right to be informed (you can request any information contained in this notice at any time)
- Right to erasure of data (unless statutory retention periods demand otherwise)
- Right to be forgotten (if data was relayed, we are obliged to tell the recipient to delete it)
- Right to data portability (if you request it, we are obliged to relay the data to a third party in a machine-readable format)
- Right to rectification of the data category
- Right to object to processing
- Right to rectification in case of faulty data
- Right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority
This privacy notice is intended to give a concise overview. The full information is contained in the extended version. Data Protection Policy
As a safeguard of your rights and to ensure legal flawlessness in processing, we have appointed an external data protection officer. This is their contact information: